Thank you, Sheri de Grom, for nominating me for the Liebster Award for new blog. By nominating me, you’ve introduced me to so many new blogs! I love it. Hooray for more deliciously entertaining distractions from school It feels so cool that people are finding my blog and enjoying the content. **Incoming random facts** Although school (fact #1), working on my short story series, Blood of Zee, my mini autobiography, Girl at War (fact #2), trying to find employment (fact #3), developing my Public Relations, social media marketing skills (fact #4) and cuddling with my fur-babies (fact #5), I get extremely busy. I love staying busy(fact 6).
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post eleven random facts about yourself.
- Answer eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.
Questions from the lovely lady who nominated me:
- If you have a day job, what is your evening ritual when you arrive home? If you don’t have a day job, what is your morning ritual when you get up? My morning ritual, wake up, feed the pups, make fresh fruit juice, go for a jog or walk, then search for jobs and do homework.
- What is your favorite genre to read? I love fantasy fiction, historical fiction, suspense.
- How many states have you visited? Ten states, Twenty countries
- Are you a morning or night person? I’m a night person. I feel as if I wake up at night.
- Do you have a favorite movie you believe should win the Academy Award for best movie? If so, which one? Favorite movie this year that should win an academy award—Django: Unchained. Wonderful cast, excellently written, love that it’s not a story about slavery, but a love story about a man looking for his woman, just set during a horrible.
- What is your favorite search engine? Google
- Do you believe there should be a mandatory retirement age? Explain. I’m not exactly sure. I think, if people want to continue to work past a certain age, then they should be allowed to. I also think, however, that people shouldn’t have to work beyond 65 years old.
- Do you believe our military should remain an all volunteer force or should we bring back the draft? You may explain your answer if you like. Yes and No. I believe our military should be voluntary. However, I also believe that, as in other successful countries, we should serve two mandatory years before reaching a certain age. I think it will help in teaching our youth discipline.
- What is the best time of day for you to be creative? All day. When it comes, it comes.
- Where are you when you’re the most creative? All over!
- What is your favorite time of day? Mid morning/early afternoon
5 More Random facts about me:
7. I idolize strong, powerful women throughout history. Queen Elizabeth I is my primary idol. I adore her and wish I could travel through time just to meet her, just to ask her a few questions.
8. I’m proud of my taste in music. My iTunes playlist, on random, will likely go from Foo Fighters to Ivy Queen, Janelle Monae to Jimmy Eats World, Lenny Williams to Ludwig von Beethoven.
9. I’m a Capricorn and my personality seems to fit the personality traits assigned to that zodiac sign.
10. I love video games. FPSs and MMOs.
11. Before I married my husband, I didn’t think that I was capable of loving another human being as much as I love him. And when he told me he didn’t want to be with me anymore, I thought I was going to suffocate to death because he is the air I breathe. Funny thing, though, I didn’t dies. And this separation and possible divorce has set me on a path to a spiritual journey that has really made me feel better about myself, my life and my future. As much as I love him and miss him, I remembered that I was okay before him and, while I’d rather be with him and work on our marriage and learn to communicate better—how to be partners, I’m going to be okay without him.
The purpose of this award is ‘Discovering New Blogs. Below are my recently discovered nominees for The Liebster Award. that I believe you’ll also enjoy:
1. Writer’s Café Two writers creating entertaining fiction together. How cool is that?!
2. Complex God Very entertaining writer.
3. Megh Fitz: Musings and Writings for the next Generation Journaling at its coolest
4. Emily Anne Shaffer…a writer on her way to becoming a writer. LOVE IT!
5. Dirty Tricks Squad
6. Our Before & After Sharing the realities of being married to the military
7. My Mental Stream A steady stream of thoughts and feelings flowing from his mind and heart
8. Diggin’ This Chick A new, little ray of sunshine in the blogging world
9. He Calls A blogger on a spiritual journey—sweet self-reflection
10. An Ordinary yet Extraordinary Life Musings and poetry
11. Against the Grain A Journey back to health
My Eleven (11) questions for my eleven nominees:
1. How/why did you start blogging?
2. What do you do when the insomnia monster invades your brain?
3. What’s the best piece of advice your mom/dad ever gave you?
4. What was the last interesting, captivating book you’ve read?
5. When was the last time you went on a real vacation? Where to?
6. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen? Why was it horrible?
7. If you could switch lives with any one person in the world, still living, who would you choose and why?
8. What’s your guilty pleasure on television?
9. What’s your favorite social media medium to use?
10. Which summer blockbuster movie are you most looking forward to seeing?
11. Are you a published/self-published author? If so, what’s the title of your book(s) and in which formats are they available, i.e. Kindle/Nook?